Water soluble labels
Biodegradable and compostable water-soluble paper is a current technological breakthrough in the packaging market.
Adhesive paper is used for production of labels. Paper and glue used in the production of labels are 100 per cent biodegradable depending on the amount of water or impact of moisture. Therefore, such labels are environmentally friendly, non-toxic, non-flammable, and therefore, completely safe.
Soluble adhesive labels are made using UV flexographic printing and text can be written with a marker or ballpoint pen.
PROPERTIES AND BENEFITS OF WATER SOLUBLE LABELS
- These labels dissolve in water within 30 seconds or less.
- Water-soluble label paper is sensitive to moisture. It must be stored in a protected container at a temperature of + 18-23 °C. Products with soluble labels must also be stored in a dry place, preferably at a temperature of + 18-23 °C. For a short period (several hours to a day), soluble labels can withstand both cold and heat (from -40 to +80 °C). However, they are not designed to last long in extreme conditions.
- The glue of soluble adhesive paper is prone to moisture absorption, which can reduce adhesive properties of labels. Therefore, labels must be affixed to a dry surface in a warm room with normal humidity.
- The shelf life of the material is 6-12 months.
- Labels are environmentally-friendly.
- Used in electronic, pharmaceutical, logistics, food and beverage, and chemical industries, as well as in laboratories and hospitals.
Most common uses of labels MOST COMMON USES OF LABELS
- Food storage containers. Soluble labels allow users to reuse cookware and tools for cooking and serving. Customers who have purchased the dishes will be grateful to you as they will not have to peel off the label and remove its residues with alcohol. They can wash the dishes along with the sticker and enjoy cleanliness.
- Medical hospital devices. The label with the patient’s name, medication, dose and date can be completely washed off during disinfection, making the products easy to reuse. The labels dissolve safely, so there is no risk of clogging the drains.
- Laboratories. Samples or other sample collections can have their own label. When disinfecting the container, the labels on the samples and flasks will dissolve in warm water.
Millions of tons of plastic waste is floating in the Pacific Ocean. Obviously, labels do not make up even a tenth of a percent in this quantity, but it is still a huge amount. Soluble labels dissolve in water, and when dissolved, they are safe for the environment because the elements formed during decomposition are consumed by microorganisms.
Contact us by phone +370 5 205 2900 or e-mail us at email@example.com if you have any additional questions or requests. Only through cooperation will we find a unique solution for packaging, labeling and varnishing of your products.